The Nature of ME

The Nature of ME
Me Being at My Best, ME!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Past

The past.  My past.

There are people in my past that I would love to forget but for some reason they just keep reappearing.  I have always wondered if the saying is actually really true?  The saying goes something like, "every person you meet, you take a little of them with you," I may not have that dead on, but it surely sounds something like that.  I wonder if we really take something with us when we meet someone because I have met a lot of people and I can't say I have taken anything from them, whether it's tangible or not. 

All these people that I wish would leave the presence that I'm in is always reappearing.  It annoys me very much so, but it may be just a problem that I have with myself or with them and they don't even know it.  Why should it bother me so much?  I guess it's probably because I'm still affected by the past, the things that happened.  Maybe I'm embarrassed, probably.  Whatever the reason may be, it's pretty hard to get over it.

I think that if I ever see those people again, I should try to get on good terms with them so that I don't feel this way.  So that if they do reappear in my life again I'm not annoyed and angered and making a fool out of myself.  You would think that after going to NZ and coming back I would learn how to appreciate people more and grow from the past.  I have in some ways and in others I have yet to. 

I say this, but we will see when the day comes.  Whatever it is that I decide to do, I hope I do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment