The Nature of ME

The Nature of ME
Me Being at My Best, ME!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Marriage

Marriage is such a serious subject. I was thinking about it to myself about when I want to get married and start my life with my significant other. I wanted to start after I graduate from college and starting my career. I want to have a kid by the time I'm 25, and that's only 4 years from now. Silly right? But I'm so serious about this, I really am. I don't know, but I was thinking and thinking about this seriously and it made me excited and sad at the same time. Sad because I would be more limited to what I do and all that stuff. Sad because I wont be near my family, I'll live 4-5 hours away from my parents. Excited because I really can't wait to spend the rest of my life with the BF! To me, it's so exciting, he is the most adorable person ever, he's so happy all the time (because he laughs at everything), and he's so patient with me!!

I told him what I thought, that I do want to go to graduate school but I want to marry first. Right after I get my Bachelor's, I would like to marry and then when I'm ready, I can go to graduate school after marriage, whenever that is, whether we start a family or not, I still will go to graduate school. I'm worth too much to not go, I need to do it for myself and for my parents. You are in a world of opportunities, why not take them?

His response was beautiful, he was so happy, he is 25 now so he already wants to marry but understands that I have a lot going for me. He sounded so excited and pleased. We talked a lot about it and about our future together. It led to so many other things that I was worried about, such as credit, cell phones, and boundaries.

With everything that was discussed, it made me satisfied that no matter what the situation is, we will deal with it together and in a good manner. He is willing to help me in any way he can and he is willing to adapt and change his ways to better our future. THAT is what I need in him and that is all that I want from a man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment