The Nature of ME

The Nature of ME
Me Being at My Best, ME!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

How Cruel Can A Person Be?

This past weekend was the Hmong New Year for the city that I was in. I was so excited in going and seeing all my friends and family. Dressing up in Hmong clothes and looking and feeling great.

Only to find out later that someone broke into my brother's place and stole their safes. Stole all their games and playstation and xbox.

Everything basically was gone.

They just had a baby, my siser-in-law is on maternity leave.

They have one paycheck left to live on.

I thought to myself, how can someone be so cruel? What in your right mind makes you do this? What do you feel in doing this, happiness? Guilt? Are you proud of yourself? What are you going to do with their information, their money, their important things?

I prayed to God so many times. I prayed to him asking what I did wrong for my family to deserve this, I prayed to him to catch the bad people, to punish them for their doings. I prayed to give my brother them strength, they have to be strong for the baby.

How can you just live on? Can't you just pause the world for this? I am so stressed I don't want to do homework, I don't want to think about assignments, graduation, food, internships.

I feel like I want to email my professors to let them know, but what good is that going to do? They didn't rob me, they robbed my brother. Although I am very hurt and stressed, what can I do?

Most likely they will be moving in with my mom for the time being until they can move on their own again. Until they feel safe elsewhere.

God, please help them. I know that I don't deserve your good blessings, but what did they do wrong to deserve this? Please help them catch the bad people, make them pay for what they did to my family. The tears that they shed today will be in my memories for the rest of my life. My brother's sobs that were so painful it struck my heart and made my tears run like water. My sister-in-laws cries that were so shockingly scary and worrisome that it makes you want to hurt those people that hurt them. Please God, don't make us bad people from hating the bad people. Don't make the bad out of us come out because of those bad people. Please keep us strong, help us so we can carry on, make it right again! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment